Working at Lightyear is a unique experience. You get the opportunity to work for a company with a pure and meaningful mission. A mission that will make a positive and lasting impact on future generations. Vehicle Project Managerat Lightyear
Lightyear is an innovative and progressive scale-up with one mission: clean mobility for everyone, everywhere. Lightyear originates from the legacy as a multiple world championship of the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge® Cruiser Class. Officially established in 2016 by 5 visionaries with the dream to make this groundbreaking technology accessible to everyone, everywhere. In order to accelerate the transition towards a truly sustainable solution for mobility, we believe that it is necessary to completely rethink automotive design by starting from scratch, not limited by industry conventions.
Do you possess experience in complete vehicle development, homologation and delivery to market?
Do you love to “hit the ground running”?
Join us on our mission!
Location: The Automotive Campus in Helmond, part of Brainport: the heart of Europe’s innovation
Domain: Project Management Office
Experience: +10 years experience in Project and/or Program Management in high complex projects in the automotive industry
What will you do as our Vehicle Project Manager?
You will deliver the first Lightyear vehicle to market. Establishing the credibility and recognition and paving the way for future products in order to achieve our mission; clean mobility for everyone. Your job will focus on managing all aspects of the vehicle project to deliver in time, to agreed cost and in full (specification). This includes:
- Realistic planning of activities to deliver on time
- Chair project meetings to ensure cross-functional activities to achieve targets and timing
- Control of product cost and investments to budget
- Organizing internal and external resources to deliver
- Managing project changes (feasibility, costs, added value) and take corrective actions when necessary
- Managing internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitating the relations with external partners to ensure mutual benefit and success
- Ensuring certification compliance and introduction to market on time
- Initiating, creating and keep up-to-date all mandatory project documentation
- Responsible for reporting true status and engage recovery actions when necessary to successfully gain approval of all project gateways
- Assist and provide direction to the Macro-system Project Managers to achieve the project goals
- Work closely with the Vehicle Architect, lead the design and development of the systems, set targets and plan actions and delivering the targets of the vehicle
- Managing and motivating the team to embrace project management practices including risk management.
- Resolve priority conflicts within the project and maintain the realistic plan up-to-date to ensure constant visibility
- Escalating issues appropriately to gain resolution in a timely manner
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the Project Management department
- Coaching and supporting Project Managers
What do we expect from our Vehicle Project Manager at Lightyear?
In order to succeed in the dynamic world of Lightyear pro-activity, professionalism, communication and adaptability are crucial. In addition, we are looking for people with an ambitious attitude who learn from the past (tried and tested) and who strive to set new standards when needed. You love to work on tight deadlines with a highly motivated and talented team. In the meantime you embrace the fact that we’re developing the company, its processes and recruiting people simultaneously. You recognize yourself in the following profile;
- A Master degree in engineering
- Extensive experience (+10 years) in Project Management in high complex projects in the automotive industry and the network that comes with it is mandatory
- Experience of complete vehicle development, homologation and delivery to market is mandatory
- A broad knowledge on Electric Vehicles systems from body engineering to software development
- An extensive track record in project management delivering high- quality products in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders, ability to take ownership and drive for success
- Highly evolved interpersonal communication, collaboration and negotiation skills
- An energetic, approachable and authentic personality
- Highly evolved problem solving skills
- A keen sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize problems, meet deadlines, analyze and resolve issues
- Excellent understanding of the English language is mandatory
- The willingness to travel domestically and internationally when needed
We are looking for a very decisive person. You are confident and able to make (or propose) the big decisions that need to be made. You show leadership combined with a problem solving mindset. You can quickly adapt to different situations and remain in control. You are results oriented and perseverance and resilience are your middle names.
What can you expect from Lightyear? in addition to a challenging role we also offer:
- A high degree of freedom and independence in your role
- A role within a multidisciplinary team consisting of highly motivated, inquisitive and talented people with a broad diversity of experience
- A role at one of the fastest growing technical companies in the Netherlands with tremendous potential
- 40 vacation days per year
- An interesting and balanced pension through Zwitserleven that is in line with the mission of Lightyear
- The ability to participate via shares and to be involved in the growth and success of Lightyear
- In addition to a dynamic working environment, there is time for relaxation during our already epic Friday afternoon drinks
At Lightyear, we all strive for the same goal. We have a team with diverse skill sets and backgrounds; all working tirelessly towards clean mobility for everyone, everywhere. We’re proud of our culture and live up to our core values: think independently, be bold, deliver the change, put people first and take responsibility. Our shared vision is what unites and drives us.
Want to join?
power electronics engineer