Join Sensorfact and get ready to create, innovate, and write our company’s future
Our mission is to reduce energy waste in industrial companies. We do this by making energy saving easy. Therefore, we have developed a plug & play energy management system that consists of wireless sensors and a clear online platform. Our algorithms analyse the data and detect potential energy savings. These savings are presented in a clear advice report. In this way we help our customers to reduce their energy bill by 5-10%. IoT Engineer at sensorfactLead Applied Data Scientist
Sensorfact was founded in 2016 and since day 1 we have been on a mission to eliminate industrial energy waste. Together with a team of 50 colleagues with over 10 different nationalities, we are decreasing the industry’s energy waste on a daily basis, by making it easy to save energy. Nominated by Techleap’s Rise Program for combating climate change, we are contributing to the ambitious green goals of the European Commission to reduce energy consumption by at least 32.5% by 2030.
Our sensors measure electrical and gas energy consumption on a machine level at our 300+ customers. We use millions of data points a day to advise and track towards saving energy. We want to take our product to the next level, by going beyond electricity and gas. We are expanding our sensor portfolio with more sensors, adding interfaces for existing sensors and integrating with common factory environments. The next step is to start using our data insight for automatic feedback to the factory, and eventually machine control. As an IoT engineer, you’ll be central in this journey.
We are measuring electrical energy consumption on a machine level at our 300+ customers, using those millions and millions of data points a day to advise and track towards saving energy. But we never intended to stop there. We are expanding our sensor portfolio with more sensors, adding interfaces for existing sensors and integrating with common factory environments. The next step is to start using our data insight for automatic feedback to the factory, and eventually machine control.
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager with multidisciplinary interest to guide these projects from the initial research phase, through smaller and larger customer pilots towards a scalable ‘hands off’ solution. You will take this journey together with our development team, but will draw upon your own technical understanding and affinity for industrial environments to be a valuable sparring partner and guard technical feasibility, realistic timelines and business sense.
You’ll join our product team, and be responsible for managing (pilot) projects and working closely with our development team whenever relevant. Projects include pilots benefiting new products on our roadmap, special offerings to key accounts, and responsibilities within publicly funded innovation projects. Your major areas of responsibility are:
- Implementing (pilot) projects with our customers, most often medium-sized industrial companies but also larger international companies, where you balance scope, quality, time, and budget
- Managing relevant stakeholders along the project, both at Sensorfact and at the customers
- Be the driving force for these projects, from kickoff to celebration, coordinating resources and managing risks
- Understanding our customer needs and wants, and matching them with Sensorfact’s solutions
- Researching and evaluating hardware and software technology options and their cost/benefits, in cooperation with the development team
- Preparing solutions for full-scale implementation, together with operations, marketing, and sales
What you bring
- MSc in Management of Technology, Industrial Engineering & Management or similar
- 2+ year of professional working experience, with technical project management, delivering the planned scope on time and within budget
- The ability to balance applying standard product modules and customized solutions
- Familiarity with industrial factory and production environments
- Excellent time management, a can-do mentality where you are always on the look-out for practical solutions when bottlenecks occur
- Understanding or hands-on experience in software development
- Fluent in English for daily communication with colleagues, Dutch is preferred as most of our customers are Dutch
- Your personality! We are looking for someone who is open and approachable, someone who is eager to reach deliverables in a team-setting
What we offer
A fulltime position (32-40hrs), money, pension, lunches, working from home, team activities, training budget – the usual. We work in a forward-thinking start-up culture with an energetic and engaged team, located around the corner of Utrecht Centraal. We’ll provide you with an NS-business card or cover your travel expenses to get there. We know how incredibly important it is to have the right tools. Any hardware or software you need to get your job done: great monitor, the best laptop, standing desk – you’ve got it.
We are creating a company which people would like to work for. A great working environment where we come with pleasure and enjoy their work. We are a small and diverse team speaking 6 languages (default is English, of course). We’re all good at what we do and we enjoy working together. We love working with people who don’t mind chiming in with their opinions and are fearless about asking questions when they don’t know the answer. You’ll have autonomy to do things your way and respect from day one. No regulations or hierarchy, just a lot of interesting work to be done. If you want to look back on your career and know that you were a vital part of building an awesome company, this role is definitely for you.