Tiqets is one of the fastest-growing tech scale-ups in the Netherlands. To keep it moving fast and making culture more accessible, we’re hiring a Senior Data Scientist to join us!
Who are we?
We’re revolutionising the way people buy tickets to culture and attractions in cities all over the world. Our technology allows users to easily browse and book tickets to the best attractions in seconds, meaning customers can enter museums, zoos, theme parks and more simply by showing their smartphones. About time, right?
We’re dedicated to bringing simplicity to the world of travel and entertainment. If you want to join our team, working as a Senior Data Scientist, send us your resume. We might be looking for YOU!
What you will do
The Data Team is responsible for supporting the data needs of a large number of teams at Tiqets by helping them become more data-driven in the way they operate. As a Senior Data Scientist on the Data team, you will have the opportunity to lead and drive several key projects related to Marketing Campaign Optimization, A/B Testing, Conversion Funnel Optimization, Recommendations, Forecasting and much more.
You will work closely together with other Data Scientists, ML Engineers, Data Analysts, Developers and Product Owners to ask the right questions, challenge the status quo, build new hypotheses and help Tiqets improve through an iterative process of testing and learning. Some of the tools we’re working with in the Data Team: Python, Scikit-learn, SQL, Redshift, Looker, Airflow, AWS, Slack, Google Drive, Jira
If you are passionate about Data, enjoy working on challenging business problems in a fast-moving environment and believe in the importance of teamwork then this could be the right opening for you.
Responsibilities you will get
- Architect intelligent, creative Data Science solutions to complex business problems with a bias for starting simple and iterating
- Collaborate with other Data team members on short and long-term Data projects related to Marketing Campaign Optimization, A/B Testing, Conversion Funnel Optimization, Recommendations, Forecasting, etc
- Think beyond just the Data. Interact directly with Product Owners, Developers and other teams to build a strong understanding of how Tiqets operates and the opportunities/challenges ahead
- Design, run and analyse A/B Tests across our products; Help propagate a hypothesis-driven culture of testing and learning
- Mentor junior members of the team by building a strong culture of Data Science best practices and ensuring that we pick the right tools (and techniques) for the right job
- Continuously look for ways in which Tiqets can improve its Products and InternalOps by staying up-to-speed with latest trends, tools and techniques in Machine Learning
Qualifications needed to be successfull
- Masters degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in Data Science and/or Machine Learning roles (past experience at a Tech company desired)
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills; Ability to break down complex problems into simpler components
- Expertise in Machine Learning algorithms; Sound fundamentals in Probability & Statistics, Calculus and Mathematics
- Prior experience designing, running and analysing A/B Tests
- Strong SQL skills; Proficiency using Python and popular ML libraries like scikit-learn
- Experience working with a modern Data Warehouse like Redshift, Snowflake or BigQuery, and using BI tools like Looker, Tableau or Qlikview
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Capacity to thrive in a startup/scale-up environment, adapt quickly, work independently and take ownership of your work
- Nice to have: past experience working in PPC Marketing and/or travel industry experience working at an OTA like Tiqets
- Fluent in English; Living in the Netherlands/EU
Perks that we offer
Excited? and want to join?
Senior Data Scientist