Lightyear is an innovative and progressive scale-up with one mission: clean mobility for everyone, everywhere.
Lightyear originates from the legacy as a multiple world championship of the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge® Cruiser Class. Officially established in 2016 by 5 visionaries with the dream to make this groundbreaking technology accessible to everyone, everywhere. In order to accelerate the transition towards a truly sustainable solution for mobility, we believe that it is necessary to completely rethink automotive design by starting from scratch, not limited by industry conventions.
project manager propulsion at lightyear
project manager propulsion at lightyear
Working at Lightyear is a unique experience. You get the opportunity to work for a company with a pure and meaningful mission. A mission that will make a positive and lasting impact on future generations. One of the main aspects of our vehicle is of course our propulsion/ drivetrain systems. Are you inspired by these technologies than don’t hesitate and propel yourself towards our apply button!
Do you love to “hit the ground running”?
Join us on our mission!
Location: The Automotive Campus in Helmond, part of Brainport: the heart of Europe’s innovation
Domain: Project Management Office
Experience: +10 years experience in Project and/or Program Management in high complex projects in the automotive industry
What will you do as our Project Manager Propulsion?
As Project Manager you will collaborate with the relevant system architects. You will monitor and coordinate the budgets of the designated teams. You will translate the requirements provided by the architects (people/ partners/ budget/ planning) towards the bigger picture and maintain a helicopter view to make sure the deadlines, gateways and milestones are met.
You are equipped with a well developed knowledge of engineering but also crunching numbers is something you are experienced in. You keep reality in check even when you are not the technical expert of the domain. Communication and analytical skills are, for that reason, very important. You make it possible for the System Architects to focus on their key responsibilities alongside their team, developing Lightyear One drivetrain and propulsion system. Your primary task, together with different teams is to keep the development of the Lightyear One on schedule and within budget. Your job will focus but is not limited to:
- Manage all aspects of the project to deliver in time, to agreed cost and in full (specification), aligned with the vehicle project targets. This includes: realistic planning of activities to deliver on time, control of product cost and investments to budget and organizing internal and external resources to deliver
- Manage project changes (feasibility, costs, added value) and take corrective actions when necessary
- Manage internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitate the relations with external partners to ensure mutual benefit and success
- Ensure certification compliance and introduction to market on time
- Initiating, creating and keep all mandatory project documentation up-to-date
- Responsible for reporting true status and engage recovery actions when necessary to successfully gain approval of all project gateways
- Assist and provide direction to the team to achieve the project goals
- With the Architect, lead the design and development of the system delivering the targets of the vehicle
- Manage and motivate the team to embrace project management practices including risk management.
- Resolve priority conflicts within the project and maintain the realistic plan up-to-date to ensure constant visibility
- Escalate issues appropriately to gain resolution in a timely manner
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Project Management department
What do we expect from our Project Manager Propulsion at Lightyear?
In order to succeed in the dynamic world of Lightyear pro-activity, professionalism, communication and adaptability are crucial. In addition, we are looking for people with an ambitious attitude who learn from the past (tried and tested) and who strive to set new standards when needed. You understand the role of a Project Manager and you have a proven track record in working independently but on the other hand building strong relationships with your stakeholders. Furthermore, we are looking for:
- A Bachelor or Master degree in a technical direction matching the relevant area of expertise, so you have an Electrical Engineering background or any related field
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of Project Management within a high-tech environment. experience in drivetrain and or propulsion projects is seen as a tremendous plus
- Also experience with electric motors is a tremendous plus
- An interesting track record in project management delivering high- quality products in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders, ability to take ownership and drive for success
- You are very acquainted with the Agile/ Scrum method
- Experience with and certificates in IPMA/ PMI and/or Prince is seen as a big plus
- Strongly evolved interpersonal communication, collaboration and negotiation skills with an energetic, approachable and authentic personality
- Strongly evolved problem solving skills with a keen sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize problems, meet deadlines, analyze and resolve issues
- You know your way around software packages such as Jira, G Suite and Microsoft Office
- You consider yourself a self-starter and you’re willing to work in a highly passionate inter-cultural environment
- Fluent in English is mandatory (Dutch and German is a plus)
- The willingness to travel domestically and internationally when needed
On a personal level you are someone who is able to communicate on different levels of an organization, you are accurate, a team player, cooperative and persistent. You are decisive, confident and able to make (or propose) the decisions that need to be made. You show a problem solving mindset no matter the challenge that is ahead. You are results oriented and perseverance and resilience are your middle names.
What can you expect from Lightyear? in addition to a challenging role we also offer:
- A high degree of freedom and independence in your role
- A role within a multidisciplinary team consisting of highly motivated, inquisitive and talented people with a broad diversity of experience
- A role at one of the fastest growing technical companies in the Netherlands with tremendous potential
- 40 vacation days per year
- An interesting and balanced pension through Zwitserleven that is in line with the mission of Lightyear
- The ability to participate via shares and to be involved in the growth and success of Lightyear
- In addition to a dynamic working environment, there is time for relaxation during our already epic (online) Friday afternoon drinks
At Lightyear, we all strive for the same goal. We have a team with diverse skill sets and backgrounds; all working tirelessly towards clean mobility for everyone, everywhere. We’re proud of our culture and live up to our core values: think independently, be bold, deliver the change, put people first and take responsibility. Our shared vision is what unites and drives us.
Want to join?
power electronics engineer