Tiqets is one of the fastest-growing tech scale-ups in the Netherlands. To keep it moving fast and making culture more accessible, we’re hiring a Lead Data Scientist to join us!
Who are we?
We’re revolutionising the way people buy tickets to culture and attractions in cities all over the world. Our technology allows users to easily browse and book tickets to the best attractions in seconds, meaning customers can enter museums, zoos, theme parks and more simply by showing their smartphones. About time, right?
We’re dedicated to bringing simplicity to the world of travel and entertainment. If you want to join our team, working as a Senior Data Scientist, send us your resume. We might be looking for YOU!
What you will do
Tiqets is positioned for explosive growth in the post-pandemic world, and we’re looking for an experienced Data Scientist to help us build out a strong Data Science foundation for the future. As Lead Data Scientist, you will first and foremost be a hands-on Data Scientist in the team. Additionally, you will be involved in setting the Data Science and Machine Learning strategy for Tiqets, building out the Data Science team, prioritizing projects on the roadmap and ensuring efficient execution on these projects.
There are several interesting Data Science problems to be solved at Tiqets, at both the product and operational level. These include, but are not limited to Entity Ranking, Experimentation, Marketing Science, Conversion Funnel Optimization, Recommendations, Anomaly Detection, Forecasting and much more.
If you’re a self-starter who enjoys taking on leadership responsibilities, is passionate about Data Science, likes working on challenging business problems in a fast-moving environment and believes in the importance of teamwork then this could be the right opening for you.
Responsibilities you will get
- Participate in setting the Data Science strategy for Tiqets in close collaboration with others on the team
- Active involvement in setting long-term goals (OKRs) and short-term priorities (sprints) to ensure that the Data Science team is executing efficiently
- Proactively identify and clear roadblocks for the Data Science team to maintain a high velocity
- Act as Data Science liaison/gatekeeper for stakeholders in the company. Interact directly with Product Owners, Developers and other teams to build a strong understanding of how Tiqets operates and the Data Science opportunities/challenges ahead
- Mentor other Data Scientists on the team by building a strong culture of Data Science best practices and ensuring that we pick the right tools (and techniques) for the right job
- Architect intelligent, creative Data Science solutions to complex business problems with a bias for starting simple and iterating with milestones
- Collaborate with other Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Data Analysts on projects related to Entity Ranking, Experimentation, Marketing Science, Conversion Funnel Optimization, Recommendations, Anomaly Detection, Forecasting, etc
- Continuously look for ways in which Tiqets can improve its Products and InternalOps by staying up-to-speed with latest trends, tools and techniques in Machine Learning
Qualifications needed to be successfull
- Bachelors degree (or higher) in Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or equivalent
- 6+ years of experience in Data Science and/or Machine Learning roles (past experience as a team lead at a Tech company desired)
- Strong MLOps background; Sound fundamentals in Probability & Statistics, Calculus and Mathematics
- Prior experience with Machine Learning techniques in all three areas: supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning
- Strong SQL skills; Proficiency using Python and popular DS libraries
- Prior experience designing, running and analysing online Experiments
- Experience working with a modern Data Warehouse like Redshift, Snowflake or BigQuery, and using BI tools like Looker, Tableau or Qlikview
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Capacity to thrive in a startup/scale-up environment, adapt quickly, work independently and take ownership of your work
- Fluent in English; Living in the Netherlands/EU
Perks that we offer
Excited? and want to join?
Senior Data Scientist