Join the ride
We believe in a future where inner cities are free of cars, congestion and pollution. By offering our dockless electrical scooters and bikes as convenient alternatives for short-distance travel, we believe we can make that future possible.
Our mission is to thoughtfully design micro-mobility for safety, comfort and durability, improving city life in Europe and beyond.
Founded in Europe, Dott compromises a highly experienced team of inquisitive minds in mobility and tech. What we do today has a tangible impact on tomorrow. We reached our in-house sustainability target of 100% renewable energy, and ensure equitability in our communities through collaborating with city charities, officials and safety boards.
As our Legal Counsel – Product and Commercial, you will work closely with Dott’s Product and Marketing teams to ensure Dott’s customer offerings are compliant with all laws and regulations in countries where Dott offers its services. You will also support the business with key commercial agreements with Dott’s partners and suppliers. You will work autonomously acting as a sparring partner to various departments and report directly to the VP of Legal. The role can be based in London, Paris or Amsterdam.
What You’ll Do
- Provide guidance and support on consumer protection laws, advertising and marketing laws, privacy and safety laws and regulations in all countries where Dott offers its services.
- Work closely with Dott’s product, marketing and customer support teams as well as Dott’s DPO to ensure Dott can launch new features and initiatives in both a speedy and compliant manner.
- Work with local external counsel to ensure Dott’s user terms are up to date and compliant with local laws in every country where Dott operates.
- Work closely with Dott’s business development team and local GMs to draft and negotiate agreements with Dott’s business partners such as API license agreements, co-operation agreements and commercial partnership agreements.
- Draft and negotiate agreements with Dott’s suppliers and service providers who deliver business critical products and services to Dott’s operations.
What You’ll Need
- Admitted as an attorney in at least one European jurisdiction with a minimum of 6+ years relevant working experience (comprising both in-house and law firm)
- Expertise in both consumer laws and general commercial law
- Fluent English required with additional languages as a plus
- Basic understanding of GDPR
- Good sense of humour
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to stay calm under challenging circumstances
- Ability to take ownership of projects and work autonomously
- Experience working in both B2B and B2C environments and mobile applications is an advantage
- Be based in London, Paris or Amsterdam
Along with a competitive compensation plan, we also invite employees to participate in our employee stock option plan, plus other benefits.
Want to come along for the ride? Let’s do this right – together.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.