on our mission to make all audio accessible
“We value taking ownership and setting ourselves ambitious goals while staying genuine and delighting customers.”
We are Amberscript, a dynamic startup founded in 2017 and based in Amsterdam. We are building SaaS software that enables users to automatically transcribe audio & video into text using speech recognition. AI/algorithms and our own web text editor to bring it to 100% accuracy. We help users to avoid the costs and pain of manually transcribing their interviews, meetings, or other audio. Our self-developed AI speech to text engine obtains the best results in the market, as proven by independent tests in the media. Our product is being used by more than 350.000 users worldwide.
We are disrupting a very traditional market (transcription & subtitling). Now that we have achieved product-market fit, we are scaling rapidly. Our vision is to make all audio readable, accessible, and analyzable. Currently, we are looking for a marketer to support the maintenance and development of our website, run tests, pull and analyze the data to guide our expansion.
The role of Financial Controller
Are you eager to contribute to scaling up with a fast-growing AI software startup? Are you able to take the lead on the financial and business administration, working directly with the company’s management? This role is about taking ownership of all incoming and outgoing financials, optimize the bookkeeping and working on separate business projects that help in scaling up the company.
We are looking for someone with 1 to 5 years of experience in bookkeeping and financial analysis. Pro-active, self-starting, having ownership kind of person who is passionate about startups.
‘This is an important role for Amberscript: taking full ownership of the financial side of our business is essential in scaling up’ – Peter-Paul de Leeuw, CEO
Your responsibilities will be
- You have made sure Amberscripts bookkieeping is always up to date and solid
- You keep our financial model up-to-date and create new financial insights
- You have made sure financial processes are optimized and new tools implemented
- You have worked with the management team to provide business insights
Your profile as a Financial Controller
- You have 1 to 3 years’ experience in a financial support role (internship or full-time)
- You have a strong desire to learn, to improve yourself and to have an independent financial position
- You are a detail oriented person with quantitative skills
- You are a good communicator
- Ability to put insights into numbers and graphics to create reports
- Eagerness to use digital tools and digital reporting in order to optimize workflows
- You are looking for a fast-paced environment in a startup where you have plenty of room to take on initiatives
- You like to challenge yourself
- You are able to work in the buzzing city center of Amsterdam
- Graduated with a bachelor or master degree (preferably in a business-related course)
- Fluent in English
- Dutch is not a requirement, but would be a big advantage
- Opportunity to grow you seniority quickly
- Full ownership of the financial side of the company
- Be part of one of Europe’s fastest growing scaleups
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com