Building a smart and sustainable industry
Eliminate industrial energy waste and join a high-growth sustainable start-up!
Our mission is to reduce energy waste in industrial companies. We do this by making energy saving easy. Therefore, we have developed a plug & play energy management system that consists of wireless sensors and a clear online platform. Our algorithms analyse the data and detect potential energy savings. These savings are presented in a clear advice report. In this way we help our customers to reduce their energy bill by 5-10%.
Sensorfact was founded by the end of 2016 and has since then grown to a team of 50 colleagues and 230 customers (including Heineken, Dr. Oetker, PicNic, Philips, Shell, and Albert Heijn) in 5 different countries: Italy, Germany, Belgium, Finland and The Netherlands. Now we are ready to expand our business to the rest of Europe.
Is ‘How It’s Made’ on Discovery Channel your favourite TV show? Are you not able to choose between a technical or business oriented job? Then keep reading, because this job has it all. As Energy Saving Analyst you directly contribute to our mission to eliminate all industrial waste. Your involvement spans the full cycle: from project definition, identifying new saving potential for our customers, taking care of the technical and financial part until kick-off for our Energy Consultants.You work closely together with our Energy Product Manager and the energy department.
Your involvement spans the full cycle: from project definition, identifying new saving potential for our customers, taking care of the technical and financial part until kick-off for our Energy Consultants.You work closely together with our Energy Product Manager and the energy department.
What you will be responsible for
- Identify, select and integrate new energy savings to continuously expand our offerings of savings, taking the financial and technical part into account
- Focus on customer value and translate this into concrete saving opportunities for our customers
- Closely collaborate with our customers to validate potential new savings
- Be the technical sparring partner for our Data Scientists and develop new algorithms for our energy scan
- Give training sessions/presentations to the team of 10+ Energy Consultants to highlight new savings and make sure it is all integrated in the energy consultancy process
A typical day as Savings Analyst
You start off the day with a coffee at one of our suppliers to discuss new ideas around our energy saving scan. You quickly grasp the technical issues related to it and start brainstorming on how this could potentially be implemented at one of our clients. During lunch, you find out that one of the Energy Consultants recently read something online about this specific saving. You use this information to create a business case and gather all relevant information for the customer. By the end of the day, you touch base with the Energy Product Manager about the idea and your new project can take off.
- You have a Master degree in a technical discipline and were a whiz kid in high school
- You have at least 2 years of professional working experience, preferably in a commercial business environment
- Know how to handle an overload of information and don’t lose yourself in details
- You understand that sometimes less is more, especially when our customers need to make decisions
- You know how to approach technological opportunities to create customer value
- You have strong time management skills and know how to work independently
- You have excellent verbal written communication skills in English and preferably Dutch
What we offer
A fulltime position, competitive salary, pension, lunches, working from home, team activities, training budget – the usual. We work in a forward-thinking start-up culture with an energetic and engaged team, located around the corner of Utrecht Centraal. We’ll provide you with an NS-business card or cover your travel expenses to get there. We know how incredibly important it is to have the right tools. Any hardware or software you need to get your job done: great monitor, the best laptop, standing desk – you’ve got it. Besides that, we will make sure you have time to relax as well by after-work (or during) drinks and socials.
We are creating a company which people would like to work for. A great working environment where we come with pleasure and enjoy their work. We are a small and diverse team speaking 6 languages (default is English, of course). We’re all good at what we do and we enjoy working together. We love working with people who don’t mind chiming in with their opinions and are fearless about asking questions when they don’t know the answer. You’ll have autonomy to do things your way and respect from day one. No regulations or hierarchy, just a lot of interesting work to be done. If you want to look back on your career and know that you were a vital part of building an awesome company, this role is definitely for you.
To apply for this job please visit sensorfact.eu.