on a mission to save 250,000 lives in the next decade
SkinVision is on a mission to save the lives of 250,000 people in the next ten years, by revolutionizing the way we care about our skin. Did you know that 1 in 5 people get skin cancer during their lifetime? SkinVision mobilises and empowers consumers to act on and manage their skin health, being the first CE certified skin cancer app. SkinVision’s technology uses an innovative algorithm to analyse skin spots, enabling customers and the health system to minimize cases of skin cancer and positively touch the lives of millions of people around the world.
Health has never been more important and solutions in the digital space are revolutionising the way we go through the health care journey.
What we know is that skin cancer is the most common cancer in Western countries and the amount of patients is rapidly growing. We embrace the idea that technology can take away the barriers that stand in the way of early detection of skin cancer, and get anyone to a doctor at the right time.
Our mission to save lives from skin cancer is a call for action and one we care deeply about. To continue expanding our reach to users, we welcome talented and motivated professionals that want to be challenged every day and know their impact is far beyond a job title.
The role of Data Engineer
We are hiring a Data Engineer who will improve the quality of our skin cancer detection service, ensuring we continue to lead positive change and deliver value to our users. Are you looking for a role at the crossroads of infrastructure, data and analytics? This role is the perfect fit for you.
We are looking for a Data Engineer with a passion for development and infra/devops engineering with a solid backing in data processing techniques. In this role, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the architecture, infrastructure, pipelines and tooling for unlocking the raw data in the various sources that we use in our systems. You provide a solid data infrastructure, tooling and processing that unlocks new insights and provides new capabilities for delivering value for our end users, healthcare professionals and the business. You think big and have the ability to discern which problems are important to create positive impact on the business perspective and articulate it to the rest of the team.
- Building, testing and validation of data pipelines with a focus on data reliability including the infrastructure and tooling that we need.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes.
- Monitor for inconsistencies in our data definitions or processing and define and build effective strategies for dealing with them
- Model logical and physical data schemes
- Enabling and running data migrations across database schemes.
- Improve data governance across the business in accordance with the standards within the healthcare industry.
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data, including writing tooling and tests
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges.
- Collaborate with data scientists and product development teams to improve the quality of or product and processes.
What you will bring in
- Minimum education is Bachelor degree in exact sciences such as Computer Science, Econometrics, AI or Physics. Affinity for the health industry is definitely a plus.
- Minimum 2 year experience working as a Data Engineer building infrastructure, processing pipelines and tooling.
- Experience working with GIT for version control.
- Experience in setting up, running and maintaining data processing infrastructures in the cloud (AWS), terraform.
- Hands-on experience working with data storage or processing frameworks such as RedShift, Snowflake, Kafka or the like.
- Expertise in data processing frameworks and pipelines such as AWS Glue, dbt, StitchData/FiveTran
- Excellent knowledge of SQL (Postgres) and Python. Having demonstrable knowledge of other languages is a plus (e.g. Java).
- Excellent understanding of data processing concepts such as ETL, ELT and you are able to reason about their pros and cons.
- Excellent understanding of physical and logical data models and its implications on the data quality
- Software engineering mindset: you apply industry best practices in your day to day work.
- Proficiency of English both verbally and written. Domain of other languages are certainly a plus.
- Competitive salary and an annual bonus.
- Personal budget for personal development.
- Learning opportunities such as monthly Lunch & Learn sessions and group trainings.
- Autonomy and accountability to bring in your own vision around your role and how you can impact the business.
- Opportunity to change the lives of millions of people around the world.
To apply for this job please visit skinvision1.recruitee.com.