Fairphone is a social enterprise driving change in the electronics industry from the inside out. Its business model is based on social values and securing continuity and centers around producing and marketing smartphones in a way that puts social and environmental values first.
We are looking for a qualified Team Lead for our 1st line Customer Support Team to become part of our growing company of passionate people who work to achieve our mission.
About your Role
In your role, you will be leading our 1st Line agents, who are the important first point of contact with our customers. As team lead within the CS department, you will be, along with the After Sales and Supply Chain departments, part of the overall Operations team. The CS team consists of the 1st Line, BOSS (Business Operations & Sales Support), B2C and Tech teams.
- You are proactive, have a strong sense of initiative, a positive attitude, and have a natural talent to keep overview in a fast pace development environment.
- You are a people manager and have good organizational and delegation skills, and have experience with leading a team for multiple years.
- You are creative, resilient, have strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- You have excellent interpersonal, decision making and leadership skills, and are passionate about developing your team members.
- You are a reliable team player with strong communication skills, who is curious by nature and takes ownership at work.
- You are flexible, helpful, self-motivated, and love the work environment of a start-up/scale-up company that is fast-paced.
- You embrace diversity in thoughts, opinions, and backgrounds.
- You feel a strong connection with Fairphone’ s mission and values.
- You live in the Netherlands and have the right to work within the EU.
- Lead our 1st Line Customer Support team; overseeing all day to day activities within the team:
- Ensure quality of the teams handling of customers’ requests via all channels (email, phone, social media, forum, online reviews).
- Be their go-to person for daily questions and guidance of team members.
- Identify team goals and discover team needs, set strategies to achieve them, evaluate team progress and adjust accordingly.
- Listen to team feedback, resolve any issues or conflicts and follow up on flagged trends.
- Recruit, coach, train and develop CS agents towards their set goals and ambitions.
- Recognise and reward progress in performance, encourage creativity and out of the box thinking.
- Perform internal Quality Reviews of each team member, do regular performance evaluations and follow up on adjusted goals to strengthen individual performances.
- Create a weekly roster, assign tasks, monitor daily views and maintain availability targets.
- Manage holiday requests and absence within the team.
- Handle management escalations and sensitive cases, take over when needed.
- Liaise with the 2nd line in order to create the relevant processes and improvements.
- Maintain our open and transparent culture and continue to motivate and inspire our teams.
- Represent CS in cross departmental meetings and company wide projects.
- Support CS Manager in setting up reporting and collecting customer data and feedback.
- Set and implement departmental strategies to reach CS objectives in collaboration with CS Manager.
- Dive into new opportunities such as creating new programs, opening new channels and implementing new product launches.
- You have a minimum of 7 years experience in customer support/service, of which at least 3 were in a leadership role.
- You have experience, and a proven track record in leading/coaching a large team.
- You have experience in project management, process development and process improvement.
- You have experience in training and creating training materials.
- You have in-depth knowledge of performance metrics.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. French, German, Dutch are a plus.
- Preferably, you have a degree in Management or training in team leadership.
- Preferably, you have experience working in a scale up/fast paced environment.
- Preferably, you are familiar with working with macOS, Google Suite, and Basecamp.
What can Fairphone offer you?
The opportunity to create an impact in the electronics industry around the world. A diverse work environment full of international, passionate, warm hearted team members in the heart of Amsterdam.
You will join Fairphone’s collective pension scheme and we will contribute to build your pension. You will also receive the following benefits once the coronavirus measures are over:
- Daily, healthy lunch, organic FairChain coffee, and many more tasty things for a low, monthly contribution.
- Public transport allowance – we support you if you come by public transport.
- Bike allowance – we support you for a bike purchase with up to 300 Euros. We also offer in-house bike repairs.
- Weekly Yoga sessions at the office.
- Weekly Bootcamp sessions with personal trainer.
- Seasonal Dutch lessons with a language teacher at the office.
To apply for this job please visit fairphone.homerun.co.