Change is in your hands
Technical Support Officer
Fairphone is a social enterprise driving change in the electronics industry from the inside out. Its business model is based on social values and securing continuity and centers around producing and marketing smartphones in a way that puts social and environmental values first.
We are looking for a hands-on Customer Support Agent to become part of our growing team of passionate people who work to achieve our mission. If you are as excited as we are about creating positive change, then have a further look.
About your role
The Fairphone Community is the main focus of our support team.
As our 1st line Customer Support Agent, you will be a Fairphone ambassador, providing our customers with the best service: you will meet our (potential) customers’ needs over the phone and via email, using your technical expertise, creativity, passion and active listening. You will listen, offer advice, turn around experiences when needed and provide relevant feedback to others within our company, influencing changes in different teams and processes!
- You are excited about helping people!
- You are a problem-solver at heart and understand how important technology is nowadays in everyday life
- You show ownership as well as the ability to effectively prioritize and manage your time and tasks
- You are a quick learner and have the required skills to escalate technical challenges with other relevant departments within Fairphone
- And you are a great teammate who likes to collaborate and have a positive attitude
- You are adaptable with changes – you’ll need that because Fairphone is a dynamic, fast paced, multicultural environment
- You feel a strong connection with Fairphone’s mission and values
- You live or are willing to live in the Netherlands and have the nationality of an EU/EEA country or Switzerland
Your Responsibilities will be
- You will be the friendly voice of Fairphone, providing effective troubleshooting and personal support, addressing both hardware and software related issues, over different support channels: Zendesk, telephone and occasionally in person
- You solve our community requests through the whole customer journey
- You escalate complex issues to 2nd line support
- You proactively identify ways to avoid recurrence of customer issues by regularly reviewing the processes and recommending changes
- You will be multitasking through multiple systems while troubleshooting with customers
- You will have to meet average handle time, NPS scores as well as schedule adherence to make sure we support our community in the most efficient way!
Your Skills & Experiences
- You have a few years of experience in customer facing roles, of which 12-18 months in Customer Support
- You have excellent customer service skills: you are empathetic, accurate, compassionate, responsive, resourceful, proactive
- You love troubleshooting technology! Experience with ticket systems like Zendesk, order management systems, and chat support is a plus
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills and are able to adapt your communication style to different customers
- You have the ability to use critical thinking and logic skills to isolate and resolve technical issues in a timely manner
- You have good time management and prioritization skills
- You are fluent in English and in one of the following languages: German / French / Dutch. Speaking more than 2 of these languages is even better
What can Fairphone offer you?
The opportunity to create an impact in the electronics industry around the world. A diverse work environment full of international, passionate, warm hearted team members in the heart of Amsterdam.
You will join Fairphone’s collective pension scheme and we will contribute to build your pension. You will also receive the following benefits once the coronavirus measures are over:
- Daily, healthy lunch, organic FairChain coffee, and many more tasty things for a low, monthly contribution.
- Public transport allowance – we support you if you come by public transport.
- Bike allowance – we support you for a bike purchase with up to 300 Euros. We also offer in-house bike repairs.
- Weekly Yoga sessions at the office.
- Weekly Bootcamp sessions with personal trainer.
- Seasonal Dutch lessons with a language teacher at the office.
To apply for this job please visit fairphone.homerun.co.