WHAT WILL YOU DO
In the role of Business Controller you assist the CFO/O and provide operational and tactical consultation, coordination and support on a variety of financial areas. Amongst others, but not limited to, project administration, coordination of day-to-day accounting, standardization, management and subsidy reporting, sparring partner of the project teams, transaction support, setting up internal processes, dashboarding, stakeholder management, and procurement.
In addition, you will have the possibility to be involved and execute internal financial processes and define the reporting & management tools. We expect to grow as a company, so change will be a consistent topic, and you can be in the driver seat of that.
We are looking for an all-round finance person, who can think high-level and long-term and is not afraid to get their hands dirty but also appreciates the strategic nature as well.
- Undertake full range of general business controller activities (working in partnership and with different stakeholders)
- Review of analytical and predictive analyses of the financial results of operating subsidiaries of the company and provide guidance, supervision, co-operation and support for the project teams
- Oversee and generate annual budgets and cash flow rolling forecasts
- Grant & subsidy filing control & management
- Challenge business units and project managers on budget control on continuous basis and more formally each quarter
- Prepare the monthly and quarterly management reporting for share- & stakeholders and monitor the performance (kpi’s)
- Prepare liquidity forecasts reports and support cash management actions
- Providing assistance with transaction support in the event of acquisitions deal structuring, due diligence or divestments
- Internal controlling
- Monitoring the month close process of the different operating business units/ projects
- Communication & cooperating with the accountant
- Providing assistance with the preparation of the Company’s consolidated financial statements
- Responsible for driving continuous improvements within finance by implementing and reviewing new policies and procedures to ensure best practice and efficiency in reporting and control
- Providing assistance with the preparation of Board materials
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting and/or business administration
- Strong technical accounting knowledge & experience (IFRS and Dutch GAAP)
- Extensive experience (minimum 5 years) in Finance/Business controlling, plus (ideally) 2-3 years’ experience in project controlling, preferably in the R&D / infrastructure sector
- Excellent command of IT tools and advanced experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with AFAS is an advantage
- A startup mindset, self-reliant, good problem solver, innovator, results oriented but also detailed orientatied, enthusiastic personality and high level of energy
- Superior people management skills; ability to influence, challenge, guide and engage peers
- Able to cope with time pressure and dynamic surroundings
- Demonstrated ability in your field of expertise and willingness to make a difference
- Strong work ethic and drive to perform
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch — both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomous, dynamic and demanding atmosphere
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, be assertive and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a challenging work environment
- Exceptional teamwork skills
We are a strong team of highly driven and enthusiastic entrepreneurs. People who get stuff done, people who can create, who have a passion for challenges and love to explore. Hardt seeks achievers; leaders and visionaries who want to join our team and make Hardt Hyperloop a global success story.
Hardt is a European technology company that specializes in hyperloop. We believe it is our duty to improve the lives of current and future generations by creating technologies that challenge time and distance and remove physical boundaries. We envision a world where you can go and be with everyone and everything you care about. A world where distance does not matter.
Hyperloop is the new mode of transportation for large volumes of passengers and cargo. The hyperloop network connects cities, countries, and even continents in short periods of time. Tubes with a low-pressure environment offer ideal conditions for low-energy travel and protect the vehicles from external influences. Just like a highway, vehicles join and exit the high-speed network at any point along the route and are seamlessly connected with other modalities. Direct trips are made possible without transfers or intermediate stops.
How do you see the future of travel? We offer you to be among the first to have a say. Here, if one of us has an idea and a way to prove it, you will have the grounds to do it. We continually challenge each other to think unrestrained. You will have the chance to make a real impact on society. Above all, you will also have the best fun with us at our beautiful office and test facility locations in Delft. Those who are part of the team claim they got more than they bargained for. Do you have what it takes to join?
To apply for this job please visit hardthyperloop.recruitee.com.