Growth Tribe is a digital learning partner for both individuals & organisations, specialising in data science, growth, innovation and customer experience. Financial Accountant at Growth Tribe
We help our learners and partners acquire the most in-demand digital capabilities through actionable, hands-on and enjoyable courses & learning programs from Growth Mindset to Machine Learning to UX Design, etc.
Operating across 6 European countries, Growth Tribe has supported the learning journeys of over 16,000 adults in over 900 organisations and that’s only the beginning. We are on a mission to elevate humanity through learning by transforming how professionals and businesses learn and grow.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for the accuracy, time efficiency, and transparency of financial data. The daily tasks of this role in the finance team include dealing with internal and external requests from employees, stakeholders, suppliers, and customers.
What you will do
- Revenue accounting, invoicing & reconciliation with Backlog. Supporting Sales OPS in any issues about invoicing;
- Responsible for reconciliation & deadlines the VAT, Corporate Tax, Wage tax & preparing the payments. Clear & proactive communication with our tax advisors;
- Accounts receivable control & allocation of payments. Handling any issues with communication to collection agencies & the Financial Controller;
- Payroll reconciliation for all entities & final checking of the monthly figures. Cooperation with HR department;
- Responsible for Intercompany invoicing among the group entities & aligning with the agreements;
- Overview legal agreements of clients & intercompany transactions and align with the accounting recognition & principles, per entity;
- Responsible for archiving & filing of the financial documents;
- Key role in the monthly closing processes & performing the checks needed;
- Supporting in implementation of innovative projects and automation of the processes, improving the financial processes communicating ideas, and pointing out issues for improvement;
- Supporting in the year closing & audit processes.
Who you are
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Very reliable, great at following up
- Very strong stakeholder management and professionalism
- You learn super super fast
- You looove execution just like we do!
- Have a positive can-do mentality, and work fast
- 2-3 years proven bookkeeping experience in companies with budget/dpt allocations
- Microsoft excel proficiency; Good knowledge of rest of MS office applications
- Familiarity with google sheets and rest of google applications (slides, docs etc)
- Proficient knowledge of English, Dutch is considered a plus
- Good knowledge of Dutch GAAP, IFRS knowledge considered a plus
- Good on multitasking and prioritising tasks in a fast paced environment
- Bachelors degree in Accounting & Finance; Additional accounting (ACCA,CIMA, RA) certifications or in the process of acquiring them is a plus
- Experience with monthly closing accounting processes
- Experience in VAT bookings and VAT returns is a plus
- Experience with Exact Online ERP is a pre
- Lots of room for personal and professional development
- A training budget of €1.500 per year
- An international team with over 41+ nationalities
- A great office in the heart of Amsterdam
- Free daily lunch, fruit, snacks & tasty coffee
- Friday night drinks & lots of team activities
- Leased laptop & other tech/subscriptions you might need
- A discount on your gym membership (OneFit)
Sounds like you? We can’t wait to meet you!