We are Hardt, a European technology company that specializes in Hyperloop. We believe it is our duty to improve the lives of current and future generations by creating technologies that challenge time and distance and remove physical boundaries. We envision a world where you can go and be with everyone and everything you care about. A world where distance does not matter. Design-engineering manager at Hardt Hyperloop
product owner cargo
About Hardt Hyperloop
Hyperloop is the new mode of transportation for large volumes of passengers and cargo. The hyperloop network connects cities, countries, and even continents in short periods of time. Tubes with a low-pressure environment offer ideal conditions for low-energy travel and protect the vehicles from external influences. Just like a highway, vehicles join and exit the high-speed network at any point along the route and are seamlessly connected with other modalities. Direct trips are made possible without transfers or intermediate stops. design-engineering manager at hardt hyperloop
How do you see the future of travel? We offer you to be among the first to have a say. Here, if one of us has an idea and a way to prove it, you will have the grounds to do it. We continually challenge each other to think unrestrained. You will have the chance to make a real impact on society. Above all, you will also have the best fun with us at our beautiful office and test facility locations in Delft. Those who are part of the team claim they got more than they bargained for. Do you have what it takes to join?
We are a strong team of highly driven and enthusiastic entrepreneurs. People who get stuff done, people who can create, who have a passion for challenges and love to explore. Hardt seeks achievers; leaders and visionaries who want to join our team and make Hardt Hyperloop a global success story.
The role of Design-Engineering Manager
The hyperloop infrastructure is the backbone that will connect all the cities and hubs to create a world where distance does not matter. The design and implementation of this infrastructure is a complex task with various aspects, such as spatial integration, costing, planning, and multiple engineering disciplines such as geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, and structural engineering. Hardt is looking for an experienced Design Manager who can manage the implementation of the hyperloop infrastructure for various test tracks and future routes.
To ensure the quality and implementation of the hyperloop infrastructure for test tracks and routes, you will manage the design of various project-dependent civil structures and manage the interfaces with generic hyperloop systems developed by other disciplines. The required activities to accomplish this include quality management, estimating costs, scheduling, and managing the spatial integration of routes and test tracks.
To achieve your goals you will work together with our partners and suppliers, and communicate results to (potential) clients, users, and government bodies. Within Hardt, you will play an important role in both the product team and the market team, as your responsibilities include developing civil structures, realizing test tracks and managing the design of future routes as part of feasibility studies. You will lay the groundwork for many hyperloop routes to come.
As Design-Engineering Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the design team for civil, earthworks and electrical infrastructure of the hyperloop test tracks and future routes
- Managing the implementation, spatial planning, and realization of the complete hyperloop infrastructure for test tracks and future routes
- The quality of the design and solutions during all design phases such as conceptual design preliminary design and detailed design for the civil infrastructure of test tracks and future routes
- Managing the route alignment for future hyperloop routes during feasibility studies
- Managing the cost estimation and planning for hyperloop infrastructure for test tracks and future routes
- Interfacing with partners and suppliers in the design of the hyperloop infrastructure
- Presenting design solutions and other results to (potential) clients, users, and government bodies
- Managing the production of technical drawings, procedures, construction plans, and reports for the realization of test tracks and future routes
- Procurement for hyperloop infrastructure services, manufacturing and construction
- Managing the use of BIM for the implementation of the test tracks and future routes
- General project management activities such as technical management, applying systems engineering principles, planning, budgeting and decision management
To be successfull in this role you’ll need
- Senior experience ( minimal 10 to 15 years) related to the position
- Experience with linear infrastructure, vertical and horizontal alignment of infrastructure, repetitive construction methods, and preferably tunneling
- Experience in managing the design and development of different engineering disciplines
- Previous experience in all aspects of infrastructure realization such as civil engineering, drafting, construction, and site management
- Passion for engineering
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Demonstrate aptitude for scheduling and estimating
- Exceptional presentation and reporting skills
- Affinity with safety and sustainability in design
- Experience with BIM
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work on the interface between engineering and business teams
- Strong work ethic and drive to be the best
- Excellent communication skills in English — both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomous, and demanding atmosphere
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, be assertive and manage multiple priorities
- Exceptional teamwork skills
- Availability to work extended hours if needed
Excited? Like to join?