Lightyear is an innovative and progressive scale-up with one mission: clean mobility for everyone, everywhere. business analyst at lightyear
Working at Lightyear is a unique experience. You get the opportunity to work for a company with a pure and meaningful mission. A mission that will make a positive and lasting impact on future generations. VP Marketing at Lightyear
Lightyear is an innovative and progressive scale-up with one mission: clean mobility for everyone, everywhere. Lightyear originates from the legacy as a multiple world championship of the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge® Cruiser Class. Officially established in 2016 by 5 visionaries with the dream to make this groundbreaking technology accessible to everyone, everywhere. In order to accelerate the transition towards a truly sustainable solution for mobility, we believe that it is necessary to completely rethink automotive design by starting from scratch, not limited by industry conventions.
Do you want to help Lightyear make the best decisions?
And based on your insights and data achieve our mission?
Location: The Automotive Campus in Helmond, part of Brainport: the heart of Europe’s innovation
Experience: 3+ years of progressive experience in a similar role
Degree: Master degree
What will you do as our Business Analyst?
As part of the Strategy Circle, you will help define Lightyear’s path into the future. This team works on Lightyear’s development of new products and partnerships, gathers insights about the outside world and helps the rest of the organization position itself so that Lightyear as a whole achieves its mission of clean mobility for everyone. The team is small and effective and is looking for self-starters and can-doers.
You help Lightyear’s decision makers to make the decisions that lead to achieving sustainable mobility for everyone. To achieve this, your work revolves around three main activities;
- Developing scalable ways to acquire data and, more importantly, insights. From reading market reports to designing surveys for potential customers
- Structuring and presenting insights to stakeholders. From board meetings and investor presentations to internal domain experts.
- Developing a decision framework for the rest of our colleagues to act on those insights and help them make the right decisions.
On any particular day at work we start with discussing the industry news in our daily standup meeting. You typically work on two or three short running projects at a time which leaves some time to further develop the decision making framework that will help everyone in the organization make decisions in line with the company’s strategic direction.
You discuss the progress on the projects you are working on with their stakeholders in a short stand-up meeting. After that, you make sure to get some work done behind your computer. On the days you work from home, you dive deep into the first iteration of the design of a market survey to gather data on the daily use of one of the prospective customer groups we selected. Your job will focus on but is not limited to:
- Apply your analytical and statistical skills to aid the process of decision making across the organization
- Be creative to acquire the insights needed to help Lightyear move forward towards its mission. From analysis of market reports to designing and conducting market research through surveys to analyzing business cases
- Support with decision making with process guidance and in-depth advice at strategic level
- Aligning internal stakeholders to facilitate cross functional decision making
- Developing a decision making framework to enable strategic decision making across the organization
What do we expect from our Business Analyst at Lightyear?
In order to succeed in the dynamic world of Lightyear pro-activity, professionalism, communication and adaptability are crucial. We are looking for people with an ambitious attitude who learn from the past (tried and tested) and who strive to set new standards when needed. You can work within the team or independently and you plan your budget and time well. You are flexible and can work under pressure. Furthermore we are looking for someone with:
- A Master degree, preferably in a technical direction or Econometrics
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- In-depth statistical knowledge and of course experience in Statistical analysis software (Excel (VBA), SPSS, R)
- Knowledge of and working experience with SQL
- Strong research and excellent stakeholder management skills with a project management mindset
- Experience with questionnaire conducting tools (ie. SurveyMoney, Google Form, TypeForm)
- Knowledge of and working experience with Data mining / scraping (Python)
- Knowledge of and working experience with Jupyter / Tableau or likewise
- Strongly evolved interpersonal communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- You consider yourself a self-starter and you’re willing to work in a highly passionate inter-cultural environment
- Fluent in English is mandatory (Dutch is a plus)
- Availability for 40 hours per week
On a personal level you can relate to the following characteristics; above all you are highly analytical. You work in a structured way and you can be creative in reaching your goals. You are a first principle thinker and you love to build and achieve consensus.
What can you expect from Lightyear? in addition to a challenging role we also offer:
- A high degree of freedom and independence in your role
- A role within a multidisciplinary team consisting of highly motivated, inquisitive and talented people with a broad diversity of experience
- A role at one of the fastest growing technical companies in the Netherlands with tremendous potential
- 40 vacation days per year on a fulltime basis
- An interesting and balanced pension through Zwitserleven that is in line with the mission of Lightyear
- The ability to participate via shares and to be involved in the growth and success of Lightyear
- In addition to a dynamic working environment, there is time for relaxation during our already epic Friday afternoon drinks
At Lightyear, we all strive for the same goal. We have a team with diverse skill sets and backgrounds; all working tirelessly towards clean mobility for everyone, everywhere. We’re proud of our culture and live up to our core values: think independently, be bold, deliver the change, put people first and take responsibility. Our shared vision is what unites and drives us.
Want to join?
power electronics engineer